Allows for the identification of songs on mobile devices
SoundHound is a free app for Android that identifies music from TV shows, commercials, movies and anything else that has sound – all you have to do is tap the orange button!
Ever hear a snippet of a song during a TV show or commercial that you’ve heard before but can’t remember the name to? SoundHound can help you identify old loves and new favorites in seconds.
When you hear a song you can say “Okay Hound” and the app will start up (if active), making sure you capture the song before it’s gone! Most songs are identified in seconds and you only need a quick snippet of the song to identify it.
Once SoundHound figures out the name of the song, you can listen to the full track, watch the music video and sing along with lyrics.
SoundHound is an easy way to identify music, even if you only have a few seconds of it.
- Identify Songs with a Single Tap Hit the orange button and you’ll know the song name, artist, album, and even lyrics within a few seconds.
- Play Full Songs and Watch Music Videos Once you’ve identified a song you can listen to the full track, watch the music video, explore song lyrics and even find remixes.
- ”Okay Hound, What Song is That?!” Voice activation lets you identify songs while on the go.
- Runs Slow on Some Devices Older devices (Ice Cream Sandwich and below) may not have enough power to run SoundHound properly.
- Some Songs Aren’t in the Database The app accesses a database of millions of tracks, but some may be missing from the database or the sound quality is so degraded it can’t identify the song.
Some of our favorite songs are:
“Bug a Boo” - Destiny’s Child
“Bugs” - Pearl Jam
“June Bug” - Melvins
“Stink Bug” - Beastie Boys
“Lovebug” - Jonas Brothers
Our least favorite things are bugs. We got rid of some and made additional improvements.